The aims of Elettronica Marittima’s navigation system are:
- To build a flexible integrated, multifunction and multiplatform system
- To produce the tactical picture using the information acquired from different sensors
- To include in a single unit all the functions normally provided by several equipment.
- To provide a navigation system easy to maintain, repair and scalable
Elettronica Marittima Navigation System Architecture
The integrated Navigation system main functions are summarized as follows. Click here to download the PDF of the EM-ONE-NS Software
- Radar: the system can control our Wide Band Radars or Navico Broad Band Radars (continuous wave), through LAN connection. A dedicated panel on the video can be used to manage all the functions of the device. A dedicated keyboard designed for maritime application is available as optional.
- ARPA: it can control the radar targets data, manual acquired giving, for each of them: latitude, longitude, distance, target route, direction, speed, distance and collision time. A vector can be displayed for each target to control the possible collision routes
- Autopilot: interfaced to the autopilot, the navigation system can command direction vessel, directly controlling the vessel or leaving it to follow a prearranged route. The autopilot can control the vessel in order to follow a recorded route exploiting ARPA or AIS data, or a selected target.
- Echosounder: it offers a fine resolution of the seabed profile, using high frequency to increase detail or it can reach higher depth using low frequency transmitted signal. It is provided by advanced regulations to get a professional adjusting of the device.
- AIS: it can display, on chart, AIS acquired targets and reports in a window for each of them the following data: latitude, longitude, distance, targets routes, direction, speed, MMSI, etc. Each target journey, with all data, can be recorded on the internal permanent memory.
- Chart Plotter: on the chart level, based on Navionics Platinum+, with satellite photos of the coasts, can be performed all the activities of a classical plotter: routes, markers, traces, Go To, M.O.B, distances testing, etc.
- Black Box: the acquired data are continuously recorded into the system storage device. A playback function provide the capability of analyze offline the stored data with the whole environment around the vessel
- Local Meteo Station: it allows to get meteo parameters around the vessel, thanks to ultrasonic transducers, without parts in movement to get barometric pressure, real and apparent wind direction and speed, air temperature, rate of turn, rolling and pitching.
- Inclinometer: it offers numerical display and analogical graphic instruments of rolling and pitching vessel. End scale is modifiable to allow resolution to be adjusted to the vessel features, you can correct the zero of each instruments and fine adjust damping to get more or less quickly reply of small waves effect can be cancelled on the reading of the real set-up.
An Example of EM Navigation System Integration