In the last decade, Elettronica Marittima started a series of significant investments on the field of Advanced Research and Rapid Prototyping.
Elettronica Marittima Know-How includes the design of several complex systems, even under the Customers Specifications. Its experience covers the following fields:
- Antennas and amplifiers for defence and civil applications
- Antenna systems design in complex and critical co-siting environments
- EMC evaluations for humans exposure situations (NIR)
- Radiation pattern measurements and representation of complex systems, such as vessels, tanks, command posts
- Radar systems for Navigation, Surveillance (Borders, Encampments, Bases and other Permanent or Temporary Sites) and Homeland security design, development and testing.
- Command & Control systems for Vessels (C4I) design & development
- Drone-based real-time RF acquisition and mapping of electromagnetic energy
Current Research Programs
Currently, Elettronica Marittima Engineers are engaged in several Research Programs. Among them:
- ANDROMEDA: Automatic Nearfield DRone based Omnidirectional Mapping of Electromagnetic energy Distribution & Analisys
- EVO-A-AAA-COMPACT–30-512MHz: high-power (50W) multiband amplifier for military tactical application, with very compact housing and optional remote control unit. This amplifier has been expressly conceived for Software Defined Radios
- EVO-A-SOTM-30-512: High-performance 30-512 MHz tactical SOTM and LOS antenna for military SAT, VHF, UHF communications, with a single connector,
- EM-ONE-NR48 R2:Low-power Wide Band FMCW Radar for naval applications
- EM-ONE-SR R1:Innovative surveillance FMCW Radar system for vehicular and land applications. Some of its main features are: small size, high range resolution, low probability of interception.
In order to quickly manufacture scale models of physical parts of our systems, Elettronica Marittima uses three-dimensional Computer Aided Design (CAD) data and 3D printing. This allows a greater efficiency in the mechanical design in order to speed-up the prototyping process under the guidelines of the Costumer’s interface needs and functional requirements.